State Bank of Pakistan has made the biometric verification mandatory for the old account holders and the deadline of this is 30th June. After this deadline, all the unused accounts which have not been verified will be seized. Many of the account holders were facing issues to reach to their branch or some of them are feel hesitate due to the crowd and waiting for a queue. To facilitate the customer’s multiple banks have launched their mobile apps for biometric verification while staying at home.
Meezan Bank, Bank Alfalah and Standard Chartered Bank have launched its biometric verification apps. All the apps are available at Google Play Store, the account holder just need to download it from there in its smartphone. These apps are directly associated with National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA). The user needs to fill the required information of its account and verify it through thumb impressions using a smartphone scanner. NADRA will provide all the information directly and immediately verify the account.
You can download the bank account verification app by clicking on the link down below.
• Standard Chartered Bank Biometric Verification App
• Meezan Bank Biometric Verification App
• Bank Alfalah Biometric Verification App
This is the hassle-free way for the people having smartphones as State Bank would not extend the deadline. Overseas Pakistani who has the bank accounts in Pakistan can also verify their accounts through this method. This facility is being appreciated by the account holders especially the people overseas and who are far away from the area and consider it an innovative step for their facility.
This biometric verification is mandatory for the people who opened an account before 2016 as all the accounts after 2016 have already been verified because biometric verification was launched in 2016. So, if you are the old member then you must verify your account.
The verification by using the app is easy and simple:
• First, you need to download the app from Google Play Store.
• Put all the required information of your account; enter your CNIC and mobile number.
• Scan your thumb and all fingers of your both hands by using rear camera of your smartphone.
• When the scan is complete, NADRA will provide your information and you are done with your biometric verification.